In this course the student will gain an understanding of thin concrete overlays, from concept through design, for concrete, asphalt, and composite pavements. Additionally, the course is supplemented with a summary of four case studies to illustrate the range of applications for thin concrete overlays.
- Understanding of the different types of concrete overlays,
- Discuss how to evaluate existing pavements for thin concrete overlays,
- Explain design and design features of thin concrete overlays,
- Explain construction of thin concrete overlays,
- Discuss several case studies of and their results.
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after completing all sections of instruction and passing a 10 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies two (2) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.