This course is currently closed
Course DescriptionIn this online course a student will understand the essentials of stream hydraulics and the various formulas and calculations available to solve problems associated with streams.
- Understand channel cross-section parameters: flow depth, hydraulic depth, and hydraulic radius,
- Discuss the dimensionless numbers,
- Understand the continuity equation, Bernoulli equation and conservation of momentum equations,
- Explain hydraulic calculations for uniform flow in a stream,
- Explain the use of weirs for flow measurement,
- Discuss channel routing procedures.