In this course the student will understand the process of corrosion on metals from its causes and effects into protection and control. The student will understand corrosion on a variety of metals and methods to mitigate and control corrosion over the life of a material.
- Discuss environmental factors that affect corrosion,
- Understand the eight major forms of corrosion,
- Discuss corrosion characteristics and properties of various common metals,
- Explain corrosion protection and methods of control,
- Discuss monitoring of corrosion and available inspection technologies,
- Understand the electrochemistry, kinetics, and thermodynamics of the corrosion process.
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after completing all sections of instruction and passing a 40 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies eight (8) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.