This course is currently closed
Course DescriptionIn this course the student will receive guidance on designing durable homes for today’s housing industry, addressing critical topics, including water vapor management, envelope design, and natural hazards.
- Explain durability and critical areas of concern on residential structures,
- Understand the negative effects of ground water, rainwater, and water vapor,
- Discuss HVAC and plumbing designs for durability,
- Discuss effects of solar radiation and mitigation techniques,
- Explain decay, corrosion, and natural hazards effects and solutions for durability.