In this course the student will understand design options & methods for various steel bridge deck types such as concrete deck slabs, metal grid decks, orthotropic steel decks, wood decks, and several others.
- Explain analysis and design methods of concrete decks,
- Understand the different types of precast deck slabs and placement sequence,
- Describe formwork and methods,
- Describe metal grid decks and design considerations,
- Understand design & construction methods of metal grid decks,
- Describe orthotropic steel decks and design considerations,
- Understand design & construction methods of orthotropic steel decks,
- Explain wood decks and the various types,
- Describe other types of deck systems and design consideration.
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after completing all sections of instruction and passing a 20 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies four (4) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.